Omaha Taxi Dot Com

Just 'cabbin the streets of "O"

Sunday, June 23, 2002

How is it that some days/nights never get started til late? I mean, how is it that a cabbie is so far out of sync that the first decent fare comes 1-2 hours after starting? This is what I was going through tonight. For one, I am WAY to nice of a cab driver. I believe people and I expect them to believe me....case in point: A Spanish dude comes up to me at Cubbies in the Market...says he needs to go to the Airport..but not til 10:30 (It is 9:00)...I sezs..OK...I vil be Baacckk in my best Arnold S voice...he don't get it...maybe that is why he screwed me good...I come back (leaving the feeder at the Port when I was 3rd up...*dumb in anybodys book*...but I wanted to treat the dude right...after all I said that I vill be baaacckkk...) at 10:30 and he sez his partner isn't there...I am pissed but gave him a card with instructions to call...he seemed like a good guy......I go back to the port and get up to 3rd at the canopy...WHOOEEE Prime Time mama....and I see Spanish prick riding not only in another cab but in a Happy cab...Godddammiiittt. Live and frickin learn (I am a sloooowwww learner I guess) Well shit, I am gonna start publishing this rag more now that we are on some search engines and on the www.taxidriversofamerica.org site. Check it out...we are one of the few good links on that second page where it says Taxi Links...Gotta go do the Sunday morning pickups to the port...1 at 3:45...the 4:15, 4:30, 5:00, and 5:30...pretty good platefull this morning...maybe I can make my lease before the sun comes up over the big "O"