Omaha Taxi Dot Com

Just 'cabbin the streets of "O"

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I am proud to say that I was right about the last post. You all know that I LOVE tooting my own horn. But...

I am sad to say that I have way too much to do and not enough time to keep up on the Omaha taxi business, form an opinion, and publish to the blog anymore. I have other blogs, and to publish opinions based on heresay, reading betweenthe lines in the Omaha Weird Heralds newspaper, and being "out of the loop" is not conductive to good amatuer journalism. That is what blogging is all about, right?

However, (and you knew this was coming) I do have a couple of observations based on personal and private accounts of taxi situations.

Safeway has the new Owner-Operator system in place and for the people I have talked to that are involved, its working well. Needs a little tweaking but it's a wonderful arangement. If they had the flexibility to be able to dispatch to the O/Operators, at a resonable cost, Safeway could become a force they once were. Omaha is changing fast, gas prices will be staying around todays range or going up and the drivers will have to adjust. Flexibility in leasing arangement for Happy/Cornhusker/Yellow/Checker could improve their drivers moral. It's tough enough out there, besides the safety issue of having to drive so many hours, to have to worry about the "too many cabs for the size of this city" issue. However, it would cost more money for administration and record keeping, but in the long run, they would have a better buisness model and happier drivers.

Of course, since I have the administrator password, I will keep a wary eye on things and post if needed, ever if it's not wanted. The first ammendment is very, very, cool...run with it someone!

Drive safe, be careful, and dammit, have some FUN out there too.
Peace and Properity to all
*Rosie