Omaha Taxi Dot Com

Just 'cabbin the streets of "O"

Tuesday, March 05, 2002

Why? When? How? What? Who? Back to the Why?...Why do I blog? Sanity... or the lack of it... or to keep me sane, I know not which. Sleep? I dislike it. I do not do speed or any keep awake drugs because I am goofy enough without those. Sleep is physically and mentally necessary but I don't enjoy it often due to my health (real, imagined, mental or physical)...I have finally accepted my insomnia and I know there are millions who have done the same. But I need more info...Loves? My children..step and natural...my beautiful wife...wonderful sense of humor, caring, sensitive, loving and complex...I will stay with her as long as she will have me...Love comes often, true love comes once..THAT I believe...Work...A totally bizarre and beautiful way to make a living...am going to have a hard time giving it up...if I do at all...I love all types of people and their stories...Cabbies that don't talk to their passengers are missing the beauty of the "WHY". I believe those poor cabbies once had that magic, or felt the magic, but lost it...very sad indeed. Some "rational, normal" humans seem to de-moralize, demean, and decry any career that is service orientated such as clerks, waitresses, hookers, strippers, cabdrivers, cooks, (are you seeing a pattern here?), and bartenders. Money? Money can make people evil....and I wish we could devise a way around it... in another place, we may not need any sort of monentary means...Think of all the misery and happiness that money brings...BUT, does money really bring happiness?...I would be fibbing if I said no...but I sincerely deplore the bullshit concept of money...it's power segregates, kills, and worries people endlessly...BUT, think of all the good that a "humanangel" could do...WOW!...To be able to help the needy and not the greedy would be a wonderful way to spend a day. I hope I do it soon. Sleep is approaching rapidly...a few hours 'o sleep and a great Tuesday night on the streets ...new fares, stories, people, and fun!....Thanks for listening*
Peace*